Monday 13 August 2007

Decisions Decisions and an Award

As I said before, I have been pondering the future of this blog. This came about because I had been travelling around the blogosphere and on my travels I'd seen so many instances of sheer nastiness and bitchiness that I was left feeling quite disgusted. It never ceases to amaze me how often human beings, when given the opportunity to reach out and communicate, will reach out in hatred and vilification of total strangers without a thought for the consequences of their miserable outpourings of vitriol.That, together with an incident which I cannot go into here, made me wonder if the blogosphere was a place worth visiting at all. I was ready to turn my back and exit blog left.

Then I decided that I needed to balance my disillusionment with some positivity so I visited some of my usual haunts and I looked at the comments left here over the last few weeks and in so many of the aspects of those pages I found creativity and humour, things which I have enjoyed and which I see no reason to sacrifice for the sake of a demented minority.

I realised that the blogosphere is a microcosm of the human condition and that there will be bad bits and good bits right? There will be predators, psychotics and all manner of fruit loops out there on display and sometimes trying to drag down that which they envy or cannot understand. On the other hand there are some genuine people out there who simply wish to express their creativity and share it with others. Luckily the former group is easily identified (if only because so many of them choose to sign themselves 'anonymous') these elements can only do harm if they are allowed to do so and I for one refuse to take their poison or involve myself in their sad games.

Instead, I choose to 'accentuate the positive' and so folks here I will stay sadder maybe, wiser too but still as mad as a bag of squirrels! Anyone who doesn't like it is hereby cordially invited to suck on a bag of lemons 'til their head explodes.

So, that said, I must thank Akelamalu who recently honoured me with this



rather surprising award which I can now proudly display, and in turn I would like to pass it on to:
Cathy, Ali, Blanco, Lime, Val,ebezp and Snowelf because they all make me laugh and that helped me to put things in perspective and inspired me to stay.

So, thanks again Akelamalu, thanks everyone for your encouragement to stay and I'll be seeing you all for many posts to come!