Friday 14 September 2007

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

I will be posting my 55 offering later today, to be honest I haven't written it yet, but there is something else I want to say, and I might as well say it now. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Even those of you who are kind enough to visit regularly would be hard put to to say that you know much about me. This is entirely my responsibility as I have chosen, on the whole, not to write about personal details and even my profile is less than forthcoming. The one thing that is known is that I have a brother and sister who also blog. This has never been a secret but I would point out that having a brother or a sister is not the same as being them and neither does it entail being their keeper.

Were I to make a comment on someone's blog which caused offence, either to that blogger or their readers, I would expect and deal with the reactions of said blogger and/or readers. As it happens I choose to follow the adage "If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything."
So, to the best of my recollection, I have made no offensive or nasty comments, not that I'm any kind of angel, I just consider such behaviour to be extremely childish and a complete waste of time.

Therefore, should my brother or sister make a comment that, either intentionally or otherwise, causes offence I do not appreciate third parties taking a swipe in my direction whether or not it is in the name of defence of another blogger. Take it up with the sibling concerned, they are both more than capable of defending themselves should the occasion arise ( as for that matter are most of the bloggers I have encountered) and they neither require nor expect my intervention or involvement. Do not seek to drag me into your petty squabbles, if anything, you will only succeed in boring me for a moment.

If I disagree with a comment made by my brother or my sister I will make such clear by my own comment and it is my own comment for which I am responsible, no one else's. It is not my role to apologise for, or even defend their actions nor do they expect me to. Anyone who wishes to stop by here, have a read and leave/ not leave a comment is welcome to do so. If a comment is downright offensive I will delete it, as is my right, simply because playground behaviour does not interest me.

In reality I know that there are those out there who will find it impossible to restrain themselves from lashing out wildly. I consider that fact to reflect more on their own characters than on anything else and would even venture to suggest, were I able to summon the interest, that they are more involved in pursuing their own ends than in defending anyone else.

I trust this makes my position clear and teaches those in any doubt a little about who I am.